PHYSICAL EXAMS AND INSURANCE
- Returning high school athletes need to complete a new physical each year. Physicals are good for 13 months.
- Incoming ninth graders must have a new physical. A physical done for middle school sports is NOT acceptable by WIAA standards for high school sports.
- Insurance may be provided by the athlete's family policy, may be Kids' Mediaid coverage, or may be a student insurance policy purchased through the district office (contact the FHS Athletics office for more info about this option). For more information about physicals and insurance, please visit the Whatcom Alliance for Healthcare Access (WAHA) website
FERNDALE SCHOOL DISTRICT ATHLETIC ELIGIBILITY
The student must:
- Have purchased an Associated Student Body Card (ASB Card).
- Show regular school attendance the previous semester.
- Maintain passing grades in all classes or attend three study table sessions per week until passing all classes.
- Have up-to-date physical on file.
- Have current health insurance.
- Pay all school fines.
- Have parent and student signatures as requied on FHS Eligibiity Packet for Co-curricular Activities